If your car is 3 years old or more you are required, by law, to book your car in for an MOT test.
The MOT test ensures that your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and meets environmental standards as outlined by the Government/DVLA. If your vehicle passes its MOT, it has met the minimum road safety and environmental standards as required by law and receives a pass certificate which lasts for 12 months. However, this does not mean your car is roadworthy for the length of validity of the MOT certificate. The Certificate surprisingly does not guarantee the general mechanical condition of your vehicle and the MOT test itself does not cover the engine, gearbox or clutch.
The MOT should not be treated as a substitute for regular maintenance. The MOT certificate is simply a paper receipt of the MOT and shows the information which has been entered onto a secure central database by those who tested your vehicle. MOTs are regulated by Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) the following areas are checked to ensure they meet legal standards.
Here are the key MOT Test checks Mototech will carry out:
3. Exhaust system
4. Exhaust emissions
5. Fuel system
9. Tyres & Wheels
11. Registration plate
12. VIN (Vehicle identification number )
14. Steering and suspension
16. Wipers & washers
18. Load security
19. Body & vehicle structure.
Remember, it is illegal to drive on a public road if the vehicle does not have a valid MOT certificate, unless:
1. You are taking the vehicle to a test station where an advance MOT booking has been made.
2. You are taking your vehicle away from where it failed its MOT and driving to a place for it to be repaired.
3. You are driving to a place where an advanced booking has been made, to have the components which caused your vehicle to fail its MOT repaired.
4. You are taking your car away from a place where it has just been repaired.
To arrange your service or MOT contact us today.